Southern Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum For the Southern Magic Game group in Atlanta

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the newest Writing Challenge.

After the Last War - OOC

Go down 
+4
Anna
Kenzia Lamwald
Smilingotter
JulianAmici
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Kenzia Lamwald
Admin
Kenzia Lamwald

Character sheet
Concept: Aquamancer/Soothsayer
Race/Origin: Tuatha de Danaan (Fae)

After the Last War - OOC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 9:34 pm

I love my friends.... bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
https://somag.rpg-board.net
Gideon Shaw
Admin
Gideon Shaw

Character sheet
Concept: The Kicker of Asses
Race/Origin: Hybrid (Fae/Dragon)

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 10:12 pm

Of course, you do! We're lovable.
Back to top Go down
Cogsworth
Supervisory Special Agent
Cogsworth

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 10:57 pm

Gideon Shaw wrote:
Cogsworth wrote:
Tom, you're just a font of "wow", sometimes. Smile
T.

Fount.

Steven, Thank you for trying to keep me on the straight and narrow. Smile

JulianAmici wrote:
Actually what he put is technically correct, just archaic.

Pat, Thank you for taking up for me. Very Happy

Izora d'Deneith wrote:
I love my friends.... bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Olivia, Thank you for being you. Laughing bounce Laughing bounce Laughing

And Tom ... Thank you for starting it all. Surprised

T.
Back to top Go down
Smilingotter
Asst. Director
Smilingotter

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 11:56 pm

I do what I can.

Pat - I have a saved copy of my character on my pc, but if you want to make up an online sheet (like the other characters have) that's cool and the gang with me.
Back to top Go down
Kenzia Lamwald
Admin
Kenzia Lamwald

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 9:02 am

Celebrate good times, C'Mon!

Back to top Go down
JulianAmici
Asst. Director
JulianAmici

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 2:01 am

FYI, it has been 2 years since the Treaty of Thronehold was signed, ending the War.
Back to top Go down
Kenzia Lamwald
Admin
Kenzia Lamwald

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 3:40 pm

I thought you already said that?????

Question Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
JulianAmici
Asst. Director
JulianAmici

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 8:12 pm

I probably did, but I didn't remember or look back through my notes so I said it again Smile
Back to top Go down
Gideon Shaw
Admin
Gideon Shaw

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 9:40 pm

What level are these characters supposed to be?
Back to top Go down
Smilingotter
Asst. Director
Smilingotter

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 11:21 pm

1st level, unless I missed a memo.
Back to top Go down
JulianAmici
Asst. Director
JulianAmici

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 3:28 am

1st level indeed. Tony took the Rich Parents trait to reflect his status as having worked for House Cannith in a job that would make Gideon jealous.

Steven, if you get a chance tomorrow (Friday) afternoon/night, please hit me up on google IM please.
Back to top Go down
JulianAmici
Asst. Director
JulianAmici

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 5:51 am

Vastly updated information in the background post, as well as a link to a wiki with a lot of info on Eberron (fluff wise).
Back to top Go down
JulianAmici
Asst. Director
JulianAmici

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 8:43 pm

Even more updates
Back to top Go down
Cogsworth
Cogsworth

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 10:43 pm

Brainstorming...

**Warning -- very OOC and possibly Too Much Information <G>**

By my account, we have the following:

Izora d'Deneith (Psychic Warrior played by Olivia)
Adriana d'Cannith (Artificer played by Anna)
Skjoldur (Armiger <defender-type> played by Tom)
Cogsworth (Gunslinger/Alchemist played by me)
Da'ren d'Phiarlan (Barbarian/Magus -- I believe -- played by Glen)
Prashkja d'Kundarak (Soulknife played by Jodi)**still in progress**

and last I heard, Steven was contemplating a Paladin/Holy gun.

Looks like we'll be strong on melee-types thanks to Ginsu (Izora), Slamma-Hamma-time (Mardisi) and the ROCK (Skjoldur). Cogsworth and Adriana will be providing some ranged support. I believe Da'ren will be ranged at some point, but not sure if his Elven Passion Painter Barbarian will be starting out that way or not. Smile

Steven's toon could probably go either way if he sticks with Holy Gun.

Looks like we'll be a little light on the healer-types, though. We'll probably have to rely on Adriana for some healing-conversion or maybe some cast-off leftover "Cure Light Wounds" wands if she can manage to snag them from her "Favored in House".

Steven, just as a suggestion, look at:
    an Inquisitor who uses the Black Powder Inquisition and see if it appeals to you at all. They are inquisitors who use guns and can help shut down arcane caster types when they need to.
    or you also might consider a Crusader which is like a militant cleric. You could still use the Black Powder Inquisition in place of a domain.

These are just random ideas because I wasn't sure if you'd settled on anything yet. Play whatever appeals to you.
We can work around the healing thing. I'll make up a pacifist healer-type and pass it on to Pat for an NPC if I need to, and he'll allow it. sunny I have more ideas than games to play them in, remember? Smile

Anyone and everyone, feel free to chime in with thoughts/suggestions. I'm just brainstorming here. <g>

T.

Last edited by Cogsworth on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gideon Shaw
Admin
Gideon Shaw

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 5:55 am

I've kinda moved on from the whole paladin or paladin-like idea. Now, I'm thinking of a character with a more "Eastern" flavor. Yes, I'm thinking maybe a monk or ninja type character, and I'd name him Rizza of the Woo Tang Clan. He was trained by the great master, Venerable Unwashed Elder of Questionable Parentage, so that he might get revenge on the monster who killed his father. The monster is a six-fingered, one-armed, albino orc bandit called The Six-Fingered One-Armed Albino Orc Bandit. clown afro
Back to top Go down
TheMaskedFerret
TheMaskedFerret

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 6:15 am

Gideon Shaw wrote:
I've kinda moved on from the whole paladin or paladin-like idea. Now, I'm thinking of a character with a more "Eastern" flavor. Yes, I'm thinking maybe a monk or ninja type character, and I'd name him Rizza of the Woo Tang Clan. He was trained by the great master, Venerable Unwashed Elder of Questionable Parentage, so that he might get revenge on the monster who killed his father. The monster is a six-fingered, one-armed, albino orc bandit called The Six-Fingered One-Armed Albino Orc Bandit. clown afro

I called a couple of places, and I got a padded room reserved just for you.
Back to top Go down
Cogsworth
Cogsworth

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 8:32 am

TheMaskedFerret wrote:
Gideon Shaw wrote:

I called a couple of places, and I got a padded room reserved just for you.

You got lucky. Most of the places I called flatly refused. affraid

T.
Back to top Go down
Cogsworth
Cogsworth

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 9:23 am

Steven -- In light of your ... ideas ...

A Monk has some interesting features. I looked at it some when Jodi and I were working on her spy-toon for the Eberron-8 campaign we're doing. One level of it added a lot of Hand-to-Hand flavor to her spy character. I would suggest the Drunken Master archetype for you to look at, but you might have to clear it with Pat, first. <g> It has some interesting features. Like getting extra Ki when you're drunken at higher levels. There's also an interesting halfling monk archetype called the Underfoot Adept that seems kinda neat. You have to give up stunning fist (which is unfortunate) , but you get some nice bonuses to trip up your opponents. Halflings get some interesting favored class bonuses, too.

The Ninja is pretty solid and looks like it could be fun. It's based off the rogue, so you get Sneak Attack and some neat Ninja Tricks. Jodi's toon for our Eberron-8 is actually a Monk 1/Ninja 7.

If you're really looking for some eastern flavor, you might look at the Samurai class. I'm not really fond of it, but you get to 'call out' a single enemy and get some bonuses against them. And the Resolve feature is pretty cool.

I know you've done a Ranger-type toon before, but the Trophy Hunter Archetype is kinda cool. It's almost like a big-game hunter. You get some skill with firearms by getting the Amateur Gunslinger feat for free at level 2. You could also take orc as your favored enemy to reflect how you'd been taking down orcs in your search for "The Six-Fingered One-Armed Albino Orc Bandit clown afro "

Anyway, when you get through talking to the "doctor" about your "condition", check these out and see what you think. sunny

T.
Back to top Go down
Gideon Shaw
Admin
Gideon Shaw

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 9:45 am

I was actually thinking about looking into the ninja and samurai today. I've also been looking at race, specifically the Vanara, which are based on Indian mythology. They're monkey people, which took me toward Sun Wukong, the Monkey King. I like the Monkey King. The Monkey King is The Primate, baby, yeah! If you've never heard of the Monkey King, look it up. He's one of mythology's coolest characters, a trickster rogue and super kung fu fighter who gets away with being a d-bag by dint of the fact that he's also charming and bad ass.
Back to top Go down
Kenzia Lamwald
Admin
Kenzia Lamwald

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 9:46 am

Did you just admit you want to be a d.bag?
Back to top Go down
Cogsworth
Cogsworth

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 10:00 am

Izora d'Deneith wrote:
Did you just admit you want to be a d.bag?
I was going to let it slide because I was kinda afraid of the response, but you totally went there. Smile Brave, brave girl... <g>.

T.
Back to top Go down
Kenzia Lamwald
Admin
Kenzia Lamwald

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 10:02 am

Very Happy little sister, remember? I can get away with a lot. Very Happy

Besides....I'm not worried about the answer.
Back to top Go down
Gideon Shaw
Admin
Gideon Shaw

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 11:11 am

Well, Sun Wukong was a d-bag... until the Jade Emperor dropped a mountain on him for a thousand years. Then, he hooked up with a Buddhist monk, learned some self control, and became a mighty hero.

OTOH, I have discovered that there is actually a Pathfinder-friendly Minotaur-like race called the Asterions. Maybe, instead of an El Toro-like swashbuckler, I might make a slightly more barbaric character and name him "Angus."

"Isn't 'Angus' a cow?"

(Angus punches the other kid in the nose) "Moo."
Back to top Go down
Cogsworth
Cogsworth

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 3:11 pm

Gideon Shaw wrote:
OTOH, I have discovered that there is actually a Pathfinder-friendly Minotaur-like race called the Asterions. Maybe, instead of an El Toro-like swashbuckler, I might make a slightly more barbaric character and name him "Angus."

"Isn't 'Angus' a cow?"

(Angus punches the other kid in the nose) "Moo."

Interesting to know. I didn't realize that there was a Minotaur-like player race, even if it is a 3rd party one.

I think Eberron lacks a true Butcher's guild. Do you think your guy would be up to founding one? You could be Angus d'Beef. And whenever you go missing, we could all stop, look around, and ask....

... wait for it....

"Where's d'Beef ?"

T.

**ducks and runs**
Back to top Go down
Kenzia Lamwald
Admin
Kenzia Lamwald

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 5:23 pm

Shame on you. That's almost as bad as one of Steven's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

After the Last War - OOC
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Southern Magic :: Gaming :: D&D & Pathfinder :: Current Campaigns :: After the Last War (Pathfinder Eberron)-
Jump to: