Southern Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum For the Southern Magic Game group in Atlanta

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the newest Writing Challenge.

After the Last War - OOC

Go down 
+4
Anna
Kenzia Lamwald
Smilingotter
JulianAmici
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
JulianAmici
Asst. Director
JulianAmici

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

After the Last War - OOC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 5:07 am

Liv,

I have a completely worked up character for you to base your decision on, but have you thought about going barbarian? In this I don't mean screaming rage filled unwashed creature from the wilds, but rather a determined woman with an anger problem who channels that anger into productive things (like beating people over the head that bother her friends or clients)

Class:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian

Archetypes you might like:
Invulnerable Rager: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/archetypes/paizo---barbarian-archetypes/invulnerable-rager gives up the chance to be reactive to traps and never be caught unaware (like a rogue) for the chance to completely ignore damage, heat and cold.

Armored Hulk
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/archetypes/paizo---barbarian-archetypes/armored-hulk
Goes from being a fast moving missile to an all powerful wall of death and destruction.

Urban Barbarian
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/archetypes/paizo---barbarian-archetypes/urban-barbarian
This is perhaps the epitome of controlled and channeled rage. not as powerful as the normal variant, but it has a lot of options. Need to be an excellent shot? You can do that. Need to hit hard, that too. Need to be tough and resilient? Yup, got it covered. Need to be less good at one thing and be better in others? That's possible too. Crowd Control is a pretty cool ability too. We can get you survival as a class skill back easy enough.

-------------------------------

Another option a bit less melee is the gunslinger: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/gunslinger
Eberron has guns, just not many. Outside of a few regiments, they weren't a big part of the war until the very end. They are a useful enough tool that House Deneith might adopt them, especially if one of their scions did.

------------------------------

Another option that I recently saw as a good one is to go with psionic power - you'd represent a growing new movement within the house that sees itself as the next evolution of humanity. Doesn't mean you have to let it dominate your character, but it can be a nice side line.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/psychic-warrior
Psychic Warrior is a pretty cool class with a smattering of powers that can enable your martial abilities; the Warrior Paths Mind Knight, Dervish Path, or the Interceptor Path are all really good options for a bodyguard type character.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/psychic-warrior/archetypes/dreamscarred-press/protector
Protector is a neat archetype that trades a bonus feat for the ability to reduce damage by spending psionic power points.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/psychic-warrior/archetypes/dreamscarred-press/traceur
The Traceur would seem to be a poor choice, except that one of your options for Dragon Marks is Mage Armor, and there is a psychic version as well. It is a non-armored fast moving type warrior perfectly suited to several of the paths, including all I listed above. This archetype quite literally will bound over, around, and through enemies and allies alike to get to their target.

Anyway, just some options for you.
Back to top Go down
JulianAmici
Asst. Director
JulianAmici

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 6:17 pm

Tony,

Found an article you might find of interest - your original body was designed by Aaren d'Cannith, the father of all Warforged. Read the article. You know all of those rumors. I of course know what will be the truth of the campaign, but it's worth mentioning. Of course you've been "reset" several times, and so have the "ghost" personalities, but this is the origin of your body - made by a philosopher to be a philosopher.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ebds/20050627a

Last edited by JulianAmici on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gideon Shaw
Admin
Gideon Shaw

Character sheet
Concept: The Kicker of Asses
Race/Origin: Hybrid (Fae/Dragon)

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 7:05 pm

You might want to double check the coding in your last post on the info thread. It's a bunch of random symbols and letters in one field.
Back to top Go down
JulianAmici
Asst. Director
JulianAmici

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:42 pm

Gideon Shaw wrote:
You might want to double check the coding in your last post on the info thread. It's a bunch of random symbols and letters in one field.

Yeah, I forgot to do a < = [ and > = ] replacement when I copied the table from http://www.bagism.com/tablemaker/ - input comma separated data, it spits out usable tables. For these boards you just then need to copy it all into notepad, do a "find and replace" and switch < for [ and > for ] and then paste it into the post.
Back to top Go down
Gideon Shaw
Admin
Gideon Shaw

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:04 pm

Um... God bless you? Wink
Back to top Go down
JulianAmici
Asst. Director
JulianAmici

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 12:28 am

trust me, if you ever need to put a table in a post for any reason, you'll thank me Smile

1. Take data. Separate the specific cell information by commas.
  2. Paste it into the site above.
  3. Add any border widths you want (1 or 2 are fine. Ignore the idea of table headers.
  4. Hit submit
  5. Copy the code from the next page.
  6. Paste it into notepad
  7. Go to edit -> find/replace (control+H)
  8. In the first box, put < in the second put [
  9. Hit replace all
  10. In the first box put > in the second box put ]
  11. Hit replace all
  12. hit cancel or ok
  13. Copy everything into a post here on the board
  14. Hit submit
  15. Marvel over your new table.
Back to top Go down
JulianAmici
Asst. Director
JulianAmici

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 5:24 am

I made a thread with the character creation rules for everyone.

I also included the final Warforged variants list for you Tony. Note that Mithril, Ironwood, and Adamantine Body all require the a feat to use. Unarmored Body does as well, unless you are a Sage model. Sage models also have faces that are vaguely elven in shape. No ears, so most miss the resemblance.
Back to top Go down
Kenzia Lamwald
Admin
Kenzia Lamwald

Character sheet
Concept: Aquamancer/Soothsayer
Race/Origin: Tuatha de Danaan (Fae)

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 11:25 am

Pat -

I finally got to look through all the info. If i did a barbarian a Urban barbarian would be the way I'd go. I like the controlled rage idea as opposed to the berserker style.

I liked the dervish path of the psychic warrior.

I leave it up to your choice as to which would be the most effective in this campaign.
Back to top Go down
https://somag.rpg-board.net
Cogsworth
Supervisory Special Agent
Cogsworth

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 11:54 am

JulianAmici wrote:
trust me, if you ever need to put a table in a post for any reason, you'll thank me Smile

BAH !

I wish I'd known this before I did my toon idea chart. I quick-studied and did it by hand. <G>

... BAH !

I'll know for next time !!

T.
Back to top Go down
JulianAmici
Asst. Director
JulianAmici

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 2:18 pm

Ronnie Dolan wrote:
Pat -

I finally got to look through all the info. If i did a barbarian a Urban barbarian would be the way I'd go. I like the controlled rage idea as opposed to the berserker style.

I liked the dervish path of the psychic warrior.

I leave it up to your choice as to which would be the most effective in this campaign.

Flip a coin Liv. Actually no, let's go with the psychic warrior. More story ideas I can toss at ya and more angles.
Back to top Go down
Kenzia Lamwald
Admin
Kenzia Lamwald

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 2:19 pm

Sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
JulianAmici
Asst. Director
JulianAmici

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 6:11 pm

Hit me up on IM then
Back to top Go down
JulianAmici
Asst. Director
JulianAmici

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 9:07 pm

Smilingotter wrote:
My dwarf is an armiger. The epitome of a tank. I figure he was assigned (by whomever he answers to) to bodyguard another party member - one of the squishier ones.

Any movement on this Sir Tom? Just wanted to make sure there's nothing I can help you with standing in your way.

Liv has a sheet that she can work with for now. I'll work up some basic character sheet posts for everyone.

Tony and Jodi are working on it. I expect I'll see more out of them by the time Tony gets out of this semester in two weeks.

Glen is interested in some sort of elven or half elven or human magus. He has yet to post though (Boo!)

Steven is undecided on a lot of things.
Back to top Go down
Smilingotter
Asst. Director
Smilingotter

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 9:25 pm

I'll have his stats up in a day or two. Pick someone to be his assignment. He'd probably prefer another dwarf, so I'd recommend some other race...
Back to top Go down
Kenzia Lamwald
Admin
Kenzia Lamwald

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 9:29 pm

and let's be honest Liv only has a sheet because PAT did most of the work. Cause she's clueless and he took pity on her.
Back to top Go down
JulianAmici
Asst. Director
JulianAmici

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:29 pm

Ronnie Dolan wrote:
and let's be honest Liv only has a sheet because PAT did most of the work. Cause she's clueless and he took pity on her.

well, yeah, but your completion of your sheet is only half the battle.

I posted what amounts to a character sheet template in the character sheet thread. In it you'll find expanded information that isn't dependent on the system, but rather your writing. +200 XP if you write a background of at least a paragraph and a half. +100 XP more if it's under 5 paragraphs but over this minimum. +10 XP per journal post summing up "daily" activities. By this I mean a "day" of adventuring. If I the GM skip over a week, then I only want to see a very general "this is what I did this week" post. If I say it's the next day, then I want to know what happened that day that your character remembers and wants to tell others about. Said journal can be writing to a diary, telling your best bud about the day, retelling the tale to your grandchildren, or giving a tellall expose to that gnome reporter who always is asking you for the latest scoop. Don't worry, he'll change all the names involved! Journal entries shouldn't be over a paragraph and a half, and often a sentence or two will do the job. Post these to your individual character threads, as directed in the first message of the character sheet thread.
Back to top Go down
Kenzia Lamwald
Admin
Kenzia Lamwald

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 2:11 pm

I even kept it under 5 paragraphs. GO ME!

I did not however mention the sister angle.
Back to top Go down
JulianAmici
Asst. Director
JulianAmici

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 9:01 pm

Looks good Liv!
Back to top Go down
JulianAmici
Asst. Director
JulianAmici

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 6:38 pm

So the secondary language of the party is Dwarvish. After consult with Shayna, we have decided that Dwarvish and Hebrew are the same language. Both languages are consonant heavy, light on vowels, they are written in an archaic form of lettering, and are quite different from common/english. Both are associated with a people associated (right or wrong) with wealth. Therefore, Dwarvish is Hebrew. Smile
Back to top Go down
Smilingotter
Asst. Director
Smilingotter

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 7:12 pm

Sounds good to me. And not just me - from Wikipedia:

Quote :
When writing The Lord of the Rings Tolkien continued many of the themes he had set up in The Hobbit. When giving Dwarves their own language (Khuzdul) Tolkien decided to create an analogue of a Semitic language influenced by Hebrew phonology. Like medieval Jewish groups, the Dwarves use their own language only amongst themselves, and adopted the languages of those they live amongst for the most part, for example taking public names from the cultures they lived within, whilst keeping their "true-names" and true language a secret.[10] Along with a few words in Khuzdul, Tolkien also developed runes of his own invention (the Cirth), said to have been invented by Elves and later adopted by the Dwarves. Tolkien further underlines the diaspora of the Dwarves with the lost stronghold of the Mines of Moria. In The Lord of the Rings, Tolkien uses the main dwarf character Gimli to finally reconcile the conflict between Elves and Dwarves through showing great courtesy to Galadriel and forming a deep friendship with Legolas. The Gimli-Legolas relationship has been seen as Tolkien's reply toward "Gentile anti-Semitism and Jewish exclusiveness".[6]

Tolkien also elaborated on Jewish influence on his Dwarves in a letter: "I do think of the 'Dwarves' like Jews: at once native and alien in their habitations, speaking the languages of the country, but with an accent due to their own private tongue...

I'll keep mine named Skjoldur, though. (Icelandic for "shield.") Doesn't necessarily mean that's his real name...
Back to top Go down
Cogsworth
Supervisory Special Agent
Cogsworth

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 6:59 am

Tom, you're just a font of "wow", sometimes. Smile
T.
Back to top Go down
JulianAmici
Asst. Director
JulianAmici

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 12:37 pm

WOW Font?
Back to top Go down
JulianAmici
Asst. Director
JulianAmici

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 7:18 pm

I split the discussion of Tom's character from the character proper. Tom, do you want to transfer it to a sheet or would you prefer I do it?
Back to top Go down
Gideon Shaw
Admin
Gideon Shaw

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 7:22 pm

Cogsworth wrote:
Tom, you're just a font of "wow", sometimes. Smile
T.

Fount.
Back to top Go down
JulianAmici
Asst. Director
JulianAmici

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 8:46 pm

Actually what he put is technically correct, just archaic.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/font
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After the Last War - OOC   After the Last War - OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

After the Last War - OOC
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Southern Magic :: Gaming :: D&D & Pathfinder :: Current Campaigns :: After the Last War (Pathfinder Eberron)-
Jump to: