Southern Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum For the Southern Magic Game group in Atlanta

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the newest Writing Challenge.

Broken Mirrors Discussion

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Gideon Shaw
Admin
Gideon Shaw

Character sheet
Concept: The Kicker of Asses
Race/Origin: Hybrid (Fae/Dragon)

Broken Mirrors Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken Mirrors Discussion   Broken Mirrors Discussion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 10:10 pm

Okay, Olga wants to know when she should pick Ronnie up, and whether Ronnie prefers girl-Olga or boy-Olga. Or whether she should just "surprise" Ronnie.
Back to top Go down
Gideon Shaw
Admin
Gideon Shaw

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Broken Mirrors Discussion   Broken Mirrors Discussion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 10:17 pm

Oh, and I just thought of why it might be called "the Program". Because somebody was too fond of telling paranormals that they had to "get with the program... or else."
Back to top Go down
Kenzia Lamwald
Admin
Kenzia Lamwald

Character sheet
Concept: Aquamancer/Soothsayer
Race/Origin: Tuatha de Danaan (Fae)

PostSubject: Re: Broken Mirrors Discussion   Broken Mirrors Discussion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 1:35 pm

I want to write i just havent been able to sit and do so. Jase has a project with a friend and has been hogging the computer. The tablet is great, but not really for word proccessing.
Back to top Go down
https://somag.rpg-board.net
Kenzia Lamwald
Admin
Kenzia Lamwald

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Broken Mirrors Discussion   Broken Mirrors Discussion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 11:44 pm

Yes I have deleted both the original Gemini thread and the newer broken mirrors thread. I will be recreating Broken Mirrors I just need to get it all pulled back together. I am (in dribs and drabs) writing on it. I ****Might**** be done with it before Andi graduates, but i doubt it at this point.
Back to top Go down
Kenzia Lamwald
Admin
Kenzia Lamwald

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Broken Mirrors Discussion   Broken Mirrors Discussion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 9:36 pm

Ok I have reposted the introduction and the Prologue. I may re number the chapters I have and break Chapter one where i have it, basically it gets through Ronnie's first day at SCRT. My plan was to have various scenes of her getting to know the team and probie hazing, etc. Then pick up the story when Ronnie's been there for 3 months and the next victim is found.

Ideas on the breaks or should I lump the "getting to know you" all together in one chapter.
Back to top Go down
Kenzia Lamwald
Admin
Kenzia Lamwald

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Broken Mirrors Discussion   Broken Mirrors Discussion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 4:11 pm

If you are still reading I posted Chapter 1 so no Broken Mirrors is now Reality Nexus: Broken Mirrors and has An intro, a prologue and chapter 1 up
Back to top Go down
Smilingotter
Asst. Director
Smilingotter

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: Broken Mirrors Discussion   Broken Mirrors Discussion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:20 pm

Caught up on yours now. You know what comes next:

"Write more!"

I like your take on empaths. One bit that could use some attention IMO:

Quote :
The stuff the original CSIs is good, but dealing with our kind we can do a certain amount of extra testing things that look like contamination can just be magic or certain DNA markers normally associated with harmless mutation are really indicators of someone’s paranormal heritage.
Back to top Go down
Kenzia Lamwald
Admin
Kenzia Lamwald

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Broken Mirrors Discussion   Broken Mirrors Discussion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:58 pm

Attention in what way? Grammatically, expand on the idea?thanks for the kudos. I keep hoping timewill permit me to "write more".
Back to top Go down
Smilingotter
Asst. Director
Smilingotter

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: Broken Mirrors Discussion   Broken Mirrors Discussion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 8:46 pm

Grammatical. (The idea's fine.) I'd either throw some punctuation in the middle, or break it up into two sentences. Probably just after "testing."
Back to top Go down
Kenzia Lamwald
Admin
Kenzia Lamwald

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Broken Mirrors Discussion   Broken Mirrors Discussion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 8:52 pm

I intended to. I think it got accidentally "fixed" as I was writing.
Back to top Go down
Kenzia Lamwald
Admin
Kenzia Lamwald

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Broken Mirrors Discussion   Broken Mirrors Discussion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 12:19 pm

OK, should I post The scenes as I finish them or should I wait until I finish a chapter and post it complete? I will be posting the story in order, so what I have that's later in the story won't appear until I actually get there. Suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Gideon Shaw
Admin
Gideon Shaw

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Broken Mirrors Discussion   Broken Mirrors Discussion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 1:32 pm

I say publish it however you want us to read it, but a finished chapter keeps us from re-reading the same scene over and over again.
Back to top Go down
Kenzia Lamwald
Admin
Kenzia Lamwald

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Broken Mirrors Discussion   Broken Mirrors Discussion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 11:10 am

I have decided that I will post as I finish each scene, but, unlike Sr Steven, each scene will not be a chapter. I will make a heading for each new chapter that way there isn't such a long wait between posts for those that want to read. That being said I am posting today what I have of Chapter 2. Happy Reading.
Back to top Go down
Smilingotter
Asst. Director
Smilingotter

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: Broken Mirrors Discussion   Broken Mirrors Discussion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 5:37 pm

Good stuff. I like how you've structured the Court. So the Chancellor would be the equivalent to the White House Press Secretary?

One thing:
Quote :
We do a lot of mixing in the cities, and believe it or not the higher up in Fae rank the more likely hood there is of any Fae you meet being a hybrid of Fae types as opposed to purely one or another.

I believe it's "likelihood."
Back to top Go down
Kenzia Lamwald
Admin
Kenzia Lamwald

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Broken Mirrors Discussion   Broken Mirrors Discussion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 5:21 pm

I fixed the likelihood thing. Very Happy

As afar as the Chancellor goes, he has more power than the press secretary. More like the Prime Minister, but with out any will of his own. It was taken from him when he became the Chancellor. I may do a scene later on with Sir Tristan and Alex and talk about why some one would do it. I have visions of him being a former knight who did something against their will, but it was the right thing to do. He was promoted because it was the right thing, but his will was totally enslaved to theirs because he disobeyed a direct order. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broken Mirrors Discussion   Broken Mirrors Discussion - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Broken Mirrors Discussion
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Southern Magic :: New Lands of Make Believe :: Reality Nexus-
Jump to: