Southern Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum For the Southern Magic Game group in Atlanta

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the newest Writing Challenge.

The Coming Post Apocalypse

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gideon Shaw
Admin
Gideon Shaw

Character sheet
Concept: The Kicker of Asses
Race/Origin: Hybrid (Fae/Dragon)

The Coming Post Apocalypse Empty
PostSubject: The Coming Post Apocalypse   The Coming Post Apocalypse I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 12:09 pm

October 19th, Wizards of the Coast is releasing a new Gamma World rpg based on the D&D 4E rules. Who's in? I'd so love to do a D&D/Gamma World crossover campaign. Lasers and blasters in D&D? Hells yeah!
Back to top Go down
JulianAmici
Asst. Director
JulianAmici

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: The Coming Post Apocalypse   The Coming Post Apocalypse I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 6:04 pm

I want to see it just so we can see how 4E will adapt to a more "modern" setting. I think Gamma World will be the test bed for "Modern 4E."

I'd love to catch one as a play by post (since our time together is so limited), but I don't know how many folks would actually go for that.
Back to top Go down
Gideon Shaw
Admin
Gideon Shaw

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Coming Post Apocalypse   The Coming Post Apocalypse I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 11:02 pm

Well, the inventory program at work says we have one, but when I checked physically, it hasn't come out of the box yet. It will be mine. Oh, yes, it will be mine. I'd like to see how they adjust 4E for a "modern" setting as well.
Back to top Go down
Smilingotter
Asst. Director
Smilingotter

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: The Coming Post Apocalypse   The Coming Post Apocalypse I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 8:01 pm

I'm certainly not opposed to the concept, but we keep adding this campaign, that campaign, some other campaign. We hardly ever finish a campaign, much less see our characters advance to "interesting" levels. Wink

Southern Magic
Steven's D&D
Atlanta Shadowrun
Jeff's Shadowrun
Glenn's Shadowrun
Glenn's D&D
Babylon 5
Saltmarsh D&D
Eberron D&D
Pat's D&D at his house
Star Wars D
Back to top Go down
Gideon Shaw
Admin
Gideon Shaw

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Coming Post Apocalypse   The Coming Post Apocalypse I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 10:48 pm

I'm not so much suggesting that we play, as I'm excited by a cool concept. We'll have to revisit SoMag sometime. I'm thinking of doing a Supernatural-style game, using that rule set, but setting it in a parallel SoMag universe. Not the full-up, superheroic Southern Magic, but something grittier, yet still "Southern" in flavor.
Back to top Go down
JulianAmici
Asst. Director
JulianAmici

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: The Coming Post Apocalypse   The Coming Post Apocalypse I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 1:06 am

Well as soon as Jeff is done with Shadowrun we will do Saltmarsh, and after that I have entertained the idea of a return to 3.5 Eberron - though I make no promises to that fact.

And I will note that's why I suggested a play by post game for it

incidentily - there may be a 4E play by post opening up soon. I will let you know more as details come.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Coming Post Apocalypse   The Coming Post Apocalypse I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Coming Post Apocalypse
Page 1 of 1