Southern Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum For the Southern Magic Game group in Atlanta

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the newest Writing Challenge.

Ka'Thunk and Daww'n (Tom and Jodi - look here!!!!)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JulianAmici
Asst. Director
JulianAmici

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

Ka'Thunk and Daww'n (Tom and Jodi - look here!!!!) Empty
PostSubject: Ka'Thunk and Daww'n (Tom and Jodi - look here!!!!)   Ka'Thunk and Daww'n (Tom and Jodi - look here!!!!) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 6:41 pm

(sorry for the mispelling Jodi - but it looks cool that way Smile )

So Ka'thunk is at home after the events of our last adventure, doing some work with the carpenter on the roof. He isn't required to help, but this is Ka'thunk and well he enjoys the exertion. Off in the distance he spies someone walking up the road from Saltmarsh to the manor. Its a lonely road, and even with the revitalization of the village around their home, its rarely travelled, except on certain days. Today is not one of those days. He can't make them out, though he does notice the traveller is extremely tall.

Excusing himself, he makes his way down to the road to welcome the visitor. (How you make your way down is your business. Edit: and obviously he sees her already Smile)

So Tom and Jodi, post your sides of this and keep posting until its resolved. Make sure to include points the other person can write responses to. You can work ahead a few thoughts pretty easily. (You could say Hi. How are you? What are you doing here? and how's the tribe? all in the same post (or even the same line).

This counts as a journal entry, and good things come to those with journals.

Last edited by JulianAmici on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smilingotter
Asst. Director
Smilingotter

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: Ka'Thunk and Daww'n (Tom and Jodi - look here!!!!)   Ka'Thunk and Daww'n (Tom and Jodi - look here!!!!) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 9:02 pm

"Three months, five days, and..." Ka'Thunk thought for a moment, "just over seven hours." A slight smile. "Not bad - I expected it to take at least another two weeks."
Back to top Go down
Neysa
Supervisory Special Agent
Neysa

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: Ka'Thunk and Daww'n (Tom and Jodi - look here!!!!)   Ka'Thunk and Daww'n (Tom and Jodi - look here!!!!) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 6:21 pm

(Rolling her eyes) "I would have been here sooner, but we had to deal with some punks first. You should have seen what they did to the Altar of Stars."

Daww'n grins and wiggles her shoulders. The claws on her "pauldrons" scrape lightly against her armor. "Like my new look? I know they don't match - they're both righties from two different creeps - but I think they're COOL!"
Back to top Go down
Cogsworth
Cogsworth

PostSubject: Re: Ka'Thunk and Daww'n (Tom and Jodi - look here!!!!)   Ka'Thunk and Daww'n (Tom and Jodi - look here!!!!) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 12:07 am

Laden with heavy timbers across his shoulders for use in fixing the roof, Jinn walks up to the side of the mansion. He looks over to Ka'thunk who has just climbed down to greet the newcomer. He looks back over to the stranger -- a young Goliath. He lifts the heavy timber off his shoulder and drops it with a loud "THUNK" at the feet of the two Goliaths. He looks back at Ka'thunk once more, shrugs, then turns and walks away to go fetch more timbers.
Back to top Go down
Gideon Shaw
Admin
Gideon Shaw

Character sheet
Concept: The Kicker of Asses
Race/Origin: Hybrid (Fae/Dragon)

PostSubject: Re: Ka'Thunk and Daww'n (Tom and Jodi - look here!!!!)   Ka'Thunk and Daww'n (Tom and Jodi - look here!!!!) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 1:11 am

Cathblaidd came out of the house in time to see the young Goliath coming up toward the manor. He squinted. "Kord's Hairy Balls!" he exclaimed with a grin. He ran back into the house, grabbed a small keg of ale, his favorite drinking horn, a bag of mixed nuts and dried fruit, and a stool.

"Wait, wait, wait!" he shouted as he ran up to K'Thunk and the newcomer. He plopped the stool, the keg, and the trail mix on the ground between them. "Hi, Daww'nie," he said as he settled onto the stool and broke open the top of the keg. "Nice pauldrons, by the by. Okay, I'm ready. Continue."

The two Goliaths stared at him for a moment.

"This will be more entertaining for me if you two stop staring at me and go back to reuniting," Cathblaidd declared with a little pout. He waved at them. "Continue," he ordered with a little wave of the hand as he propped his feet up on the timbers Jinn had dropped.
Back to top Go down
Smilingotter
Asst. Director
Smilingotter

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: Ka'Thunk and Daww'n (Tom and Jodi - look here!!!!)   Ka'Thunk and Daww'n (Tom and Jodi - look here!!!!) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 6:38 pm

"The half orc is Jinn. He follows Kord. Either he just welcomed you with the gift of lumber, or he invited us to share in the task of repairing the roof. And this," Ka'Thunk indicated his friend," is Cathblaidd. He fights well. Cathblaidd, this is my sister Daww'n. She has not yet learned to hit softly."

"As for the pauldrons, they look adequate. Keep in mind, of course, that they did not do their previous owner very much good, did they? Do not rely on armor alone."
Back to top Go down
Neysa
Neysa

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: Ka'Thunk and Daww'n (Tom and Jodi - look here!!!!)   Ka'Thunk and Daww'n (Tom and Jodi - look here!!!!) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 10:20 pm

Daww'n glared defiantly up at Ka'Thunk. "Adequate?? Huh, I don't see you wearing any trophies." She kicked at the boards laying between them. "In fact, BIG Brother, this looks more like housekeeping to me."

An explosion of ale interrupted the dialog. Daww'n glanced mischievously at Cathblaidd. "My brother speaks truly - I have not yet learned to hit softly." She grinned. "Hitting hard is too much fun! We should play 'Boulder, Parchment, Shears' sometime!"

The sound of hammering drew her attention back to the house, where the half-orc was going about his business. "So that's Jinn, huh? Real nice guy..." Suddenly, Daww'n began pawing through her haversack. "That reminds me...I have something for you..."

Triumphantly, she pulled something silky from her bag and handed it to Ka'Thunk. "The note's from Mom. The gift is from me."

Ka'Thunk looked from the stockings to Daww'n's face. Her expression was a little too innocent, her complacent smile a little too forced. "Go on," she said, "Read the note."

There was indeed a piece of parchment, and he recognized his mother's neat, precise handwriting.

My Dear Ka'Thunk, We have missed you these many years, but we hear of you often. Your sister is so fond of sharing your stories, and it was she who was inspired with the idea of this gift. Live valiantly, and guide your sister well. She seems determined to follow in your footsteps. My warmest regards, Your Mother, Ka'Thlam

Ka'Thunk held up the stockings. "And these are...?" "They're Feyleaf Stockings!" Daww'n was so full of mirth she couldn't get the words out fast enough. "Basically, when you wear them, you can save yourself from a fall! I thought you might find them useful!"
Back to top Go down
Gideon Shaw
Admin
Gideon Shaw

Character sheet
Concept: The Kicker of Asses
Race/Origin: Hybrid (Fae/Dragon)

PostSubject: Re: Ka'Thunk and Daww'n (Tom and Jodi - look here!!!!)   Ka'Thunk and Daww'n (Tom and Jodi - look here!!!!) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 10:53 pm

Cathblaidd fell off his stool laughing, mindlessly spilling perfectly good ale on himself in the process.
Back to top Go down
Smilingotter
Asst. Director
Smilingotter

Character sheet
Concept:
Race/Origin:

PostSubject: Re: Ka'Thunk and Daww'n (Tom and Jodi - look here!!!!)   Ka'Thunk and Daww'n (Tom and Jodi - look here!!!!) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 10:25 pm

Ka'Thunk's eyes narrowed to slits as he took in the stockings, his sister, and his "friend," who was seemed to have trouble breathing through the laughter. His gaze returned to Daww'n, and he maintained the scowl for several long seconds, before finally allowing the slightest of smiles to leak out.

"Jinn, you little god-speaker! I am ready for your spells!"

He turned back to his sister. "Stow your gear inside the front door while I put on," he glanced at the roof and grinned, "and test, my new gift. Then we'll help finish the roof, find you a proper room, and see to your supper. There are a few more companions you'll meet, and you need to be more fully informed on the situation here."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ka'Thunk and Daww'n (Tom and Jodi - look here!!!!)   Ka'Thunk and Daww'n (Tom and Jodi - look here!!!!) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ka'Thunk and Daww'n (Tom and Jodi - look here!!!!)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Southern Magic :: Gaming :: D&D & Pathfinder :: Current Campaigns :: Characters-
Jump to: